Monday, December 18, 2006

The autobiography so far..

U never know whats coming in your life next? Particularly in my case, it seems i don't decide what shape my life is going to take rather it takes its own shape as water does in different vessels its put in..But fortunately so, it has always turned out to be good for me as well as for everybody around me..

Now u all must be guessing as to what has happened to me that i have started yarning this tale of luck..Actually as they say "empty mind is a devil's workshop", so i thought why not manufacture something which is best out of the waste..However, I have not thought about its title..But it may be termed as the “The autobiography so far..” of course, if u do like to cap this crap..I guess I’ll also keep it that way..

So, ever since i remember, i have always been a jolly good fellow who has never given much thought about anything in my childhood days..or may be i was just a kid then, innocent and ignorant..

I was good at studies but was more inclined towards literature..Like, i would finish all the story & poem books of Hindi & english before i have even touched those of maths or science..And when i was in 10th standard i even dreamt of becoming a professor of literature..!

But as my luck would have it, due to the wishes of my family i took up maths as my main stream..And as could be expected of me, i didn't realize till the fag end of the 12th standard that all i could become with maths as my main stream was an "Engineer"..

But it was already too late when this fact dawned on me..So i had no option but to go for the bachelor degree from some renowned university..Soon following the footsteps of my elder bro, I too appeared for that lone esteemed university entrance exam..And there clicked my luck, and I not only got selected but even got the second best choice in the science stream..!

But as I was enjoying a completely aimless life like romantics without worrying about my career or future, I got the shock of my life..I was selected in the engineering entrance exam! I had taken this exam so casually as if deliberately trying not to get selected even by the remotest chance..But God had something else in store for me and here I was, in a premier institute doing Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science!!

There, except for studies, I tried hands on everything..The biggest disaster however was the love at first sight..But fortunately, she is married now..Of course, with somebody else buddy or I would have missed the most wonderful person I was destined to find later..

Barring a few hiccups I managed to clear all the semesters and to my own surprise got a decent job in a PSU..But it would not have been possible if the Lady Luck was not so considerate and was not smiling from ear to ear..Firstly, considering my technical skills & knowledge of subjects, I should have flunked in at least 10-15 subjects but I didn’t..Thanks to a few incompetent teachers and my brilliant luck..However, despite all such odds, i did manage to flunk in 3 by the end of the course..Secondly, a PSU had never come to our campus ever..And it seems as if that PSU had come specifically to provide me this much needed job..My sincere thanks to Govt. Of India!

Anyways, during all these years in job I kept following my interest in literature and somehow developed a secret desire of writing a book..And god willingly I met two wonderful guys who helped me immensely in fulfilling this dream..Though I had never dreamt of writing a technical book, but a book in your name anyhow makes you an author! So now, I am a proud author of a technical book about which I have the least of the ideas..Ain’t you jealous?


Moving ahead, like the most crucial period of any bachelor’s life..i too had come to a stage where my parents had started looking for a bride for me..And then came the master stroke of my luck and I met this lovely girl whom I wanted so desperately to be my wife..She was apprehensive and a bit insecure about her future with me..but she was so lovely, so lively, so jolly and above all so good natured & understanding that just could not let her go without giving it a real tough fight..And indeed I had to struggle, fight & even beg in front of God to get hold of her..And as usual, God just could not resist me and granted me my most desperate wish..So now I am having the loveliest person in this world as my wife and I love her madly!! Thanks God!!

Now after all these years, when I recall all such incidents or events happened in my life so far, it really bemuses me that how critical a role my luck played in taking me there where I am at present..May be I m fatalist but doesn’t my aforesaid narration proves my point?

Somehow i find my story pretty similar to that of "Forest Gump" played by Tom Hanks..Forest Gump was an extremely simple character with a completely innocent outlook towards life..Yet, he had such a wonderful luck that he succeeded everywhere he put his hands or money in..Its one of the best movies I have ever watched..And the character of Forest Gump is truly amazing..A must watch for every movie buff!

Hope u have enjoyed this autobiography so far..However, I do intend to update it after the passage of another 30 years of my life..Till then good luck and take care!!

No comments: